About Townsville Enterprise
A truly wonderful diverse landscape...
The best holidays are the ones that leave you feeling energised and alive. Townsville North Queensland gives you that feeling with a collection of destinations and attractions to spark everyone’s curiosity.
Begin your exploration in Townsville City, the cultural capital of regional Australia. Explore a local art gallery, catch a theatre performance or immerse yourself in some of the best events Queensland has on offer. Relax with a stroll along The Strand. Enjoy ocean breezes and admire the views across to Magnetic Island and the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Don’t miss the remarkable Forts Walk on Magnetic Island: the best vantage point for wildlife, spectacular rocky coves and historic military sites.
Feel the fervor of the gold rush with a trip to Charters Towers, try your hand at barramundi fishing in the Burdekin River, or explore ancient rainforests and awe inspiring waterfalls in Hinchinbrook.
Townsville North Queensland rewards your curiosity. Wander, ramble, peer and unearth, and you’ll leave with something more precious than gold: the feeling of being alive!
Things To Do
So much to see and do...
Dine alfresco by the ocean, uncover the stories of a military past, explore dramatic landscapes or immerse yourself in a remarkable diving experience on the Great Barrier Reef. With activities to suit everyone’s holiday agenda, Townsville North Queensland will create memories to last a lifetime.
Townsville North Queensland offers a huge line up of entertainment and events with sports, food, cultural and music festivals in full swing throughout the year. Cheer yourself hoarse at a national sporting match, bask in the sun during Magnetic Island Race Week or enjoy a performance by the world’s finest chamber musicians at the Australian Festival of Chamber Music. Become part of the exciting calendar of events and immerse yourself in the laid back, vibrant lifestyle.
Where to Stay
In Townsville North Queensland, you’ll find accommodation options to suit any type of holiday. From Orpheus Island’s 5 star resort to Base Backpackers on Magnetic Island - Australia’s only backpackers right on the beach. Depending on your ideal holiday, you can:
- Enjoy old fashioned hospitality in a historic Queenslander with Classique Bed and Breakfast
- Stay in style without burning a hole in your pocket at Rambutan, a recently opened flashpackers resort-style hostel in the heart of Townsville
- Relax with the family right along The Strand at Beach House Motel with local attractions right on your doorstep
- Camp and fish to your hearts content at Bivouac Junction
- Bring your furry friend on holidays and stay at Aussie Outback Oasis Cabin and Van Village in Charters Towers
- Embrace your inner foodie and have all the best places to eat on your doorstep at Grand Hotel Townsville in Palmer Street
- Rent a holiday house with a group of friends and have an island getaway on Magnetic Island
Once you’ve arrived in Townsville North Queensland, it’s easy to get around and find more information. With 6 accredited Visitor Information Centres, two ferry services to Magnetic Island and a one stop shop for transport, tour, accommodation and activities – you’ll have an easy and seamless holiday in North Queensland.